Yoga has been practiced in India for thousands of years, regular practice of yoga asanas is considered very beneficial to keep the body healthy and fit. Yoga is not only useful in keeping the body fit and healthy, but its regular practice also gets rid of many diseases of the body. Liver is the largest internal organ of our body which plays an important role in all the functions of the body. The job of the liver is to digest all the food we eat and to remove the toxins present inside the body. When the amount of fat present in the liver cells increases to more than 5 percent, then this condition is called fatty liver problem. This problem is due to diet and lifestyle. Along with treatment in the problem of fatty liver, the practice of yoga is considered very beneficial. To get rid of this problem, you can regularly practice some yoga poses which are considered very beneficial in making the liver healthy and getting rid of the problem of fatty liver.
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Why is there a problem with fatty liver? (Fatty Liver Causes)
When the amount of fat present in the liver cells increases to more than 5 percent, then this problem is called fatty liver problem. In some people this problem occurs due to genetic reasons, while some people have to fall prey to this problem due to food and lifestyle. The risk of fatty liver is highest due to high-fat food, fried and spicy food and excessive consumption of alcohol or alcohol. Due to the problem of fatty liver, people have to face high blood pressure, diabetes and kidney related diseases. If the problem of fatty liver is more severe, it also causes liver cirrhosis and liver failure. Some of the major causes of fatty liver problems are as follows.
excessive alcohol consumption
high blood pressure
type 2 diabetes
weight gain or obesity
High cholesterol and triglycerides
In the problem of Fatty Liver, practice these 4 Yoga Asanas (Effective Yoga Poses for Fatty Liver)
Yoga is useful in keeping all parts of the body healthy. The ability to fight diseases of people who practice yoga on a regular basis is also higher than other people. Along with treatment in the problem of fatty liver, the practice of some yoga asanas is very beneficial. Apart from this, to overcome the problem of fatty liver in the beginning, you can do regular practice of these yoga asanas by changing the diet.
1. Naukasana – Boat Pose
The practice of Naukasana is considered very beneficial in the problem of fatty liver. This is an intermediate level yogasana, whose practice is a bit more difficult than some common yoga asanas. By its practice, the muscles of the body, internal organs like liver and kidney, etc. get a lot of benefit. In the practice of this yogasana, you remain in a boat-like posture, hence it is called Naukasana. The practice of this yogasana is very beneficial in flushing out the toxins present in the liver.
How to practice Naukasana:
- To practice Naukasana, you first sit on a mat or yoga mat.
- Now lie comfortably on your back on this mat.
- Now slowly join your toes and ankles together.
- After this, keep both your hands near the waist.
- Now keep your palm and neck straight near the ground.
- Now raise both your legs as well as neck and hands upwards.
- Putting the entire weight of the body on the hips, draw the shape of the letter V in English.
- Stay in this position for 30 to 40 seconds and then come back to normal position.
2. Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
Bhujangasana is called Cobra Pose in English. From its name itself, it can be guessed which posture is in this asana. In this posture, we have to remain in the snake posture. Its regular practice is very beneficial for the body. The benefits of regular practice of Bhujangasana are many for the body, but especially practicing it strengthens the back and spine and strengthens the digestive system of the body. This asana is the 8th posture of Surya Namaskar posture. The practice of this asana is considered very beneficial in the problem of fatty liver. Regular practice of Bhujangasana strengthens the digestive system and liver.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- To practice Bhujangasana, lie down on your stomach by laying a yoga mat in a clean and ventilated place.
- Now spread both your legs and keep an equal distance between them.
- Bring your palms near the shoulders and rest the palms on the ground.
- Now while putting the weight of the body on the palms, draw your breath inwards.
- After this, lift the head and pull it backwards.
- While taking the head back, bring your chest out and keep the elbows on the ground.
- Now keep your head in the shape of a snake.
- Stay in this position for some time and then come back to normal posture.
3. Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
In Dhanurasana, you are in the bow posture, hence it is called Dhanurasana. This asana is one of the 12 asanas of Hatha Yoga. The benefits of regular practice of Dhanurasana are many. From the muscles of the body to the internal organs, this asana is considered very beneficial. You can easily practice this. The practice of Dhanurasana is considered to be of great benefit in the problem of fatty liver. While practicing Dhanurasana, your abdominal muscles and liver are stretched which is useful for the digestive system and liver. Regular practice of Dhanurasana is beneficial in many problems related to digestion.
How to practice Dhanurasana:
- Lie down on the mat to do Dhanurasana
- After this, now raise your legs backwards while bending your knees.
- After this, hold your ankles with your hands and come in the bow posture.
- Now while raising your legs slightly, take a breath inwards and pull the ankles with your hands.
- After staying in this posture for some time, come back to the normal position.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Yoga Teacher Training India.
4. Gomukhasana – Cow Pose
The practice of Gomukhasana is considered to be the most beneficial for many liver problems. The practice of Gomukhasana is very beneficial and useful in the disease of liver cirrhosis. Gomukhasana is practiced to activate the liver and accelerate the flow of oxygen and blood to the liver. Its practice flushes out the toxins present in the liver. Apart from this, the practice of Gomukhasana is also beneficial for the spine, back and shoulders. One should be careful while practicing Gomukhasana. Pregnant women along with people suffering from knee, shoulder, neck pain should not practice it.
How to do Gomukhasana?
- To practice Gomukhasana, first sit on the mat.
- Now spread your legs in front and sit in Dandasana posture.
- Now bend your left leg and place it under the right thigh and place the right leg on top of the left thigh.
- Keep both your knees close together.
- Slowly bend your left hand and move it behind your back.
- Similarly, move the right hand towards the right shoulder and hold the left hand with it.
- Now keep your torso straight, expand the chest and go back a little and after staying in this position for some time come back to the normal position.
The practice of all the above mentioned yogasanas is beneficial for the body. If you do regular practice of these yoga asanas, then it will strengthen your muscles and will benefit the problem of fatty liver. In the beginning, practice these yoga asanas only under the supervision of experts.